Thursday, September 26, 2013

Zucchini Chips!


I.Love.Zucchinis. There are no two ways about it. And this recipe, by far, is my most favourite way to enjoy my favourite squash. A healthy vegetable turned into the equivalent of potato chips - who could argue with that?

Slicing the zucchinis with a mandolin slicer made the job so much easier although, looking at how much they shrink after baking, slicing by hand is probably sufficient if you have a steady hand. All you need to do is line the slices up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush with olive oil and season lightly with salt. DO NOT overseason or the chips will be too salty due to the shrinkage. 

Unfortunately for me, my oven is extremely temperamental with its hot spots, so I spent two hours switching my baking trays around to make sure the chips brown relatively evenly. Due to the amount of time and energy to make what I consider a small batch of my favourite thing, I'm not sure if I'll be making this very often. But then again, I'm already craving for some more, so....

Recipe and instructions courtesy of Table For Two.
(Also, thanks Aunty Surya Ni for suggesting this recipe in the first place!)

No comments: